Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Incomplete Library

I want a book that you've read.

I would find it in a bookstore. I would know it anywhere, by the smell of rushes and rosemary, crushed under your heavy feet. The smell of you through the rushes.

I want a book that you've read, I don't care what it's about. Your hands are strong and hairy but you have beautiful fingers; did they bend down that little corner? Why page twenty-seven? What did you love there?

I will find it in a little bookstore and know it not only by the smell and the creased little pages and the title only you would find fascinating, but because the salt glue will taste like you, when I run my tongue along the spine.

1 comment:

  1. Tori, you do not lack in creativity... or genius.

    ReplyDelete

You are truly great.