Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Can't Write This Story

I have a first draft of a story set in downtown Chicago--there's a little Michigan Avenue action, some soulful eye contact in Millennium Park, and someone crawls across the bottom of Lake Michigan (sorry, I'm creepy).

I CAN'T WRITE IT.

I really like the idea of the story, but it's just too familiar. I think the characters have the potential to be kind of haunting, but I just caaaaaaan't. It makes me feel nauseous. MUST-ESCAPE-WHAT-I-KNOW.

(While I was writing that paragraph I came up with the solution to my problem: a brand-new setting! WOW! Thanks for listening, guys, I never would have come up with that genius idea without y'all!)

However, my point is simply this: to all those who write memoir, HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's all I wanted to say.

Oh, one more thing: if you really want to freak yourself up, google "Apega of Nabis." ZOUNDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are truly great.