Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan

Just a reminder, if you need one, that you can donate to the American Red Cross disaster relief efforts in Japan here.

This is actually the first major natural disaster where I've known people who were severely affected. My family and church know (and support) several missionary families in Japan, and for a few tense days my dad kept forwarding me emails, because two of the families were missing. They're OK, thank God. Still, I've never really experienced that particular horror of not knowing whether someone is alive or not (and I don't even know these families personally). My heart goes out to everyone affected by this disaster...it's so hard to imagine dealing with oceans and earthquakes here in the Midwest (though Redeye helpfully pointed out that IL has 6 nuclear reactor plants).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are truly great.