Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Swooping Things

My mind is full of swooping things. Perhaps this is why all my short stories have ghosts in them. Here are some titles I think are really great for my short stories with ghosts in them: Ghastly Ghouly Ghosties. Ghostess With the Mostess. HalloweeGhost. Say Hi to My Ghost or Die. The Indentured Ghost. Ghosts on Toast. What do you think?

But above all, two thoughts are occupying my mind. Two thoughts concerning things that swoop.

Thought #1:

"MY PARIS REVIEW TOWEL CAME! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER! WHERE'S THE MAGAZINE? I DON'T EVEN CARE! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE BEACH WITH MY PARIS REVIEW TOWEL! WHY IS IT FALL? CAN I MOVE TO CALIFORNIA? THAT GIRL IS TOPLESS AHAHAHAHA! HOW SCANDALOUS! IS THE ONE LAYING DOWN A GUY?"

Thought #2:

"Why did I buy this "vintage" dress at the thrift store? I was going to sell it on Etsy but then my plans for an Etsy shop fell through. I do not have a future as a vintage seller, nor do I desire one. But now I have to wear this effing dress myself. It's so hideous. It's like a size 18XXX. How in the world will I style it? Maybe someone online wants it! Warning, YOU MUST BELT IT OR YOU WILL VANISH. But it's a cute vanishing, you'll look all baggy and sacklike and adorable. I actually love the sleeves. MAYBE I WANT IT AFTER ALL. No, Tori, no! Don't go down this path again. You looked in the mirror. The mirror does not lie. DO NOT WEAR THIS DRESS. But I love baggy things! Do I perhaps love them too much? Is this what my boyfriend meant when he said he couldn't find me? Is this why I saw my face on a milk carton? Let us all muse over the fine line between charming and hideous (a line I like to think my blog teeters down on a regular basis)."

2 comments:

  1. I buy some damned ugly things and then never wear them. But I love them!

    The Towel. The creature lying down might be a starving one-eyed man? Creepily! The woman is very buxom. I think she wants to eat him! Skin and bones though he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, your analysis of the towel is praiseworthy. DO YOU WANT THE DRESS?! Say yes. Say yes to the dress.

    ReplyDelete

You are truly great.